Watch a fun video of Dr. Katie in her new protective equipment!
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR NEXT DENTAL VISIT
Carmel Pediatric Dentistry is here to serve you. We know that your child’s dental health is still a priority for your family and we are making necessary adjustments in the office in order to be able to care for your children in the safest environment possible.
At your next visit you may notice a few more steps and protocols in place. Please review the information below in order to be better prepared for your next visit. If you have an appointment in the coming weeks, we will be contacting you via phone in order to confirm the appointment day and time. Your day or time may need to be adjusted in order to account for proper social distancing of patients and families. **We will be doing all appointment confirmation via phone rather than our usual text and emailing confirmations.
1) Prior to your appointment, one of our team members will be contacting you to confirm patient information and complete the COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire.
2) We are asking that only one parent/guardian accompany the child(ren) to their appointment. If your child is old enough, they may enter on their own with a team member. If you have multiple small children or have children who cannot be by themselves, please call our office to discuss your options. We are a pediatric office and understand many of our patients need their parents present. We have always encouraged parental presence in the dental office, we are just trying to reduce the number of people in the office at one time.
3) If you are planning to accompany your child back to the treatment area, you will be asked to bring and wear your own masks while in the office.
4) When you arrive for your appointment you will be asked to call us and remain in your car until we have informed you that your treatment area is available and ready.
5) When your treatment area is ready you will be advised to come up to the third floor and one of our team members will meet you outside the door of our office suite (365) to complete any consents or paperwork needed, take the temperature of you and your child, and update any health history information.
6) We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
7) We are attempting to limit or eliminate any time spent in the waiting room of our office and have removed all magazines, toys and stuffed animals that are difficult to disinfect.
8) All team members will be required to have their temperatures taken and pass a pre-screening questionnaire prior to coming into the office daily. All team members have completed an updated training on hand hygiene protocols, donning and doffing of PPE, and infection control measures.
9) In-office air filtration units have been installed in order to minimize aerosol exposure for our patients while in the dental office.
10) Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will be opening additional days and hours in order to better serve your family.
We are grateful to be able to continue to serve your family and appreciate your understanding as we acclimate to our “new normal” in the office. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us!
It is a pleasure to serve your family,
The Carmel Pediatric Dentistry Team